Thursday, April 5, 2007

Things I learned from Lab 9

In terms of excel functions and tools this lab was a nice refresher course. I've taken several classes that completely focus on excel and using this amazing program to make models and form predictions about those models. I'm currently a peer tutor for X201 Business Technology which is entirely devoted to excel so most of what we went over I had already knew of. Excel can really do some remarkable things that would be very time consuming and tedious is it were non-existent. Using graphs and scatter plots to help represent your data is so helpful because it gives you a new perspective of how the information is changing. Also the option of auto-filling and being able to pull down formulas make excel and extremely efficient tool for modeling. These graphs and regressions are great for showing correlations between data and that's exactly what we used them for in this situation. I've made quite a few business models so again, I've had some previous practice with creating models in excel and making conclusions on them. I'm glad we got into excel in this class because I really enjoy using the program making models.

1 comment:

miraceti said...

building models are fun aren't they.
some people say that we actually never really understand anything. it is just all modeling.